The Halting Point

Friday, November 03, 2006

How much have I made on PPP per hour?

So by now you've noticed that I post somewhat frequently about PayPerPost (PPP). Those posts are all paid for by PPP. How much? Well, this one post alone is getting me $10. And its going to take all of 10 minutes to write.

They're encouraging us to post our earnings so far so I'll go ahead and flat-out say that from the 9 posts (not including this one) I've made so far, I've made $95.50. The average payment per post comes out to about $10.61. If it takes me roughly 10 minutes for each post (including time spent navigating slow-ass Blogger.com)...that comes out to me making about $63.66/hour.

I'd really love to see what kind of "hourly rates" some of the top posters come out to. Not sure how many blogs they use, but it can indeed be profitable since the top poster clearaed $2600 this month.

Not bad for making a quick buck when you get back home from work at night, or on the weekends. Or depending on where you live and your living expenses...this could even be a full-time job for someone.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't mind doing these sponsored posts as long as I can say whatever the hell I want about what I'm posting about, and this is an excellent way for us smaller bloggers to make decent money that we'd never make through AdSense or anything like that.

And FYI, you can always tell which of my posts are paid or not because Blogger does not let you have fully invisible images, so whenever you see that tiny empty box at the end of my post, that is the tracking image for the PPP service to notify them that I've posted this. So if you don't like reading my witty sponsored posts, just ignore ones with that box.

I do plan on starting other blogs to utilize PPP, and hopefully that will let me tone down the amount of opps I post on here, but till then, DEAL WITH IT!

And if you are a small-time blogger and want to make money with them, feel free to use my email address haltingpoint@gmail.com as your referrer. You get to start making money, and I get $5 for having referred you, no skin off your back.

2 Comments:

  • Your numbers are pretty similar to mine.

    There's top line hourly earnings like you present, and then there are things that drag down the bottom line, like the occasional need to go correct something (darn another 5 minutes)

    :)

    By Blogger BrettBum, at 11/03/2006 6:06 PM  

  • good numbers!

    i am still newbie there and we will see how much i will get :)

    keep up good work.

    By Anonymous Osman, at 11/04/2006 3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home