The Halting Point

Monday, June 26, 2006

DDR God. Who cares if its DDR, it rocks.

I'm not a huge fan of DDR, mostly because I don't like the idea of dancing being confined to 4 squares. Oddly enough I also dislike Square Dancing. Perhaps I just have an aversion to squares.

In any event, there are times when even if you dislike something, you still have to stare in awe at someone who has taken their "thing" if you will, and just takes it to a nigh unattainable level. Every skill in life has this level. For some its being an incredible athlete, for some its being exceptionally creative, and for others it demands the attention of others due to the sheer jaw-dropping coolness of it. This is one of those things.

Yeah, I still am not a fan of the game, but this guy rocks and I hope the arcade at least refunded a portion of the hundreds of dollars he must have spent there to practice enough to do this.

I hope competitive free-style DDR becomes a competitive video game sport like Counter Strike and Star Craft.

1 Comments:

  • I want a DDR machine so I can play in private to avoid embarassing myself but I've been out and drunk enough with frineds to do that in public places. Granted, not with the moves that guy has, but he only scored 12 or 13 points. My friends in Blackpool play for points, not style: fewest opints buys the next round.

    By Blogger ReallyEvilCanine, at 6/27/2006 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home